Thursday, April 4, 2019

23A: My Venture's Unfair Advantage

My Specialties:

  • My Resources:
    • Employability: This resource is valuable in that my service is uniquely employable in that sense that I would be a sole provider of the for elders, and it would be very difficult to imitate on the basis on the quality of care a nurse could provide.
    • Political Connections: Luckily enough, I happen to have pull with multiple South Florida City Council members, meaning I could have the backing of multiple cities and their millions worth of capital and investments should I call upon it, and this is no easy feat to imitate.
    • Care Plans: On the subject of health, none are quite as aware of finite qualities that can remedy a life on the brink. The staff of my business are perfectly trained in the areas necessary to have the highest quality treatment for patients, which is not so easily imitated.
    • Supplier Connection: My business acquaintance from my prior post Mr. Sukar is more than capable of being able to assist in the supplies necessary to start a home up at an extended discount, such pull is highly unique and differentiates my profit markups.
    • Real-Estate: A necessity of this business plan is to have a facility in a great spot, and a close family friend of ours happens to specialize in Real-Estate for large business centered on location, but this resource isn't all that uncommon in actuality.
    • Automated Payment: An invaluable asset to saving money and ensuring timely payment is an automated system to distribute bills to customers and insurance companies and this is a system I already have in beta testing. This is a not so easily imitable skill.
    • Website: An easily navigable site that is consistently updated with personal information of customers and company happenings is a necessity in this industry, and as such I've secured my own privated address for the company. This is unfortunately a not so original resource.
    • Rural Marketing: While not all that original, I do have the resources to produce paper advertisements for my company to highlight its appeals, but such a skill has no edge over competitors.
    • Established Clientele: While not a skill in the traditional sense, having a prepared set of customers is very important for building up to a successful business, which I am privy to back home.
    • Financial Backing: In terms of financial capital, the comapny will be starting off of the savings account of a maturing stock of Coca-Cola for the past 10 years, which a certainly solid plane to begin work from, but the resource of money is not so unique from my competitors.
  • Conclusions: I feel as though my most important resource is my political connectios in the form of the South Florida City and Town Planning Council. The members supporters are within my prime market for my services and their backing would ensure an amazing reputation and possibly a strong entry into market versus all of my other resources.


4 comments:

  1. For your business idea, it is definitely useful to have political connections, especially in the city you would likely be opening your business in. Having solid backing can help you enter a difficult market with more ease. I wouldn't underestimate the value of a good website. So long as you are putting in the effort to SEO market and keep it use-friendly (especially for the elderly market you're looking to reach), you have a very valuable marketing tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at your list of resources I saw that you have two connections for your business and I think that is a good start and they happen to be a political connection and a supplier connection which the latter can help you receive the resources needed for you venture at a decent price. So overall you are well on your way to make your business a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely like the varied resources that you have, and it really does seem like most of all of these will definitely be important to determine whether your business will be successful or not. I also highly agree with you saying that your political connections are your most important resource, because at the end of the day, it seems that networking and connections are always vital to the success of a company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the connections you obtain fit in several categories of the VRIN scale. Having government backing will secure many financial opportunities and as you said, help build a trusted reputation. The automated payment option also stuck out to me. I am very impressed that you have already got a jump on this and wish you success with the rest of the development. I believe it also gives customers peace of mind knowing that they won't miss a payment and put their loved ones in any awkward situations. Great layout of your resources.

    ReplyDelete