Friday, April 19, 2019

30A: Final Reflection

Final Reflection:

  1. When looking through my posts over the course of this semester, I can certainly pinpoint moments of both highs and lows. Some of my favorite assignments were from the tail end of this class, such as Creating my Secret Sauce and Creating a Customer Avatar. They really caused me to tap into what makes me an entrepreneur and an innovator over my competitors. Both with any highs, there will always be lows and for me those were the assignments from early on in the year. I despised having the list generic problems and rely on such an antiquated form of thinking things through in such a linear manner.
  2. I don't think I'll remember anything I've done over the course of this semester even a month from now, but if I had to take a stab at what will probably remain the longest it would probably be the all of the Elevator Pitches. They were pretty unique and something most people (I would assume) weren't exactly trying to hone but nonetheless did over the course of the class. I think my most joyous assignment would actually be this one since it marks the final post, and it pleases me to begin a new chapter.
  3. In actuality, I definitely identify opportunities far easier than most people would thanks to the mindset and thought processes I've learned through both watching lectures and repetitively posting on blogger. While I don't quite see myself as an entrepreneur I can assuredly conclude that my mindset has definitively moved in that direction.
  4. The advice I could give to others who will follow along this entrepreneurial path is be open to the change of mindset from hearing Pryor talk about identifying opportunities on both a grand and local scale, it requires you to let go of what you've always heard big time speakers and billionaires say. Achieving success in this class comes from attentiveness to assignments and really analyzing what  traits serve a business best.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you that activities like creating a customer avatar were the most interesting. Making elevator pitches were certainly unique and engaging activities that I think really helped me with my speaking skills. Articulation and precision is very important to focus on. This can be difficult, though, when trying to speak concisely for 30 to 45 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate with you on the matter on having developed an entrepreneur mindset has helped me identify more opportunities that exist in the world. I will have to agree with you on the Elevator pitches being one of the longest assignments we had and one of the most unique. Lastly I like your advise to future students on being open to a change mindset when the entrepreneur path its something that entrepreneurs need to be opened to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you about the listing generic problems as I strongly disliked it because of the amount of things you had to come up with. I do agree with how the elevator pitches were very helpful as I too will probably remember the things I learned from those activities. I will also probably some more of the information I learned in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree that this is a joyous occasion as it marks the end of a semester but I do believe there are many valuable take aways from this course. If you do consider yourself to be an entrepreneur, then I believe Pryor was able to sharpen some things out for you and/or possibly plant some new seeds in how to move to the next level. The avatar was one of my favorite assignments also. I never thought of my customers with such detail but this made them very real to me.

    ReplyDelete