Friday, April 5, 2019

25A: What's Next?

No Seriously What's Next?

  • Existing Market:
    • My existing market coincides with the elderly population of the southeastern seaboard, and I see that the next step for my product is to begin advertising and release open beta access for possible customers.
    • Interview 1:
      •  "What I think is the next step for Pendleton Care is to do some customer outreach, and go into 55+ communities and talk a bit about yourselves and how it is you can alleviate the stress of day to day life with your services."
    • Interview 2:
      • "One thing that you could do is begin advertising in the papers! I think you would definitely see an interest bump once you get to where your customers are, which is the newspaper"
    • Interview 3:
      • "I think with your business model in mind, you could hold a press conference with Commissioner Dick and have him publicly back your healthcare".
    • Summary: It should be clear from each of the interviews that the quality of the suggestions can very quite wildly. I feel as though my demographic has to be catered to very specifically or I run the risk of appearing as out of touch or unapproachable. However Interview 1's suggestion resonated with me quite well, and I think this is definitely something I can consider doing at a later date.
  • New Market:
    • I suppose to target a new market I might set my sights on the financially dispositioned. HealthCare for elderly and the poor go together quite nicely.
    • Interview 1:
      • "I think one thing you could do would be to host community wide events about what kind of affordability your program has for people in the community"
    • Interview 2:
      • "Something I could see you doing to show yourself a healthcare provider to the community at whole would be to make a wing in the facility dedicated to to walk-in 20$ copay type health issues, but that of course would require a doctor and many other factors."
    • Summary: It is not as surface level as I once thought it would be to enter a new market based off of an already existing venture capitalist idea, and the modifications necessary to include a new share of a market would be a tremendous strain on what I would be able to do for my current clientel and market as a whole. The suggestions from Interview 2 however are definitely something to take into consideration.

2 comments:

  1. Advertising in the papers is probably a good idea. I would also look into TV advertisements if you get funding for marketing. I know that when I went to get blood drawn at Quest Diagnostics, a lot of elderly people where there. It could be a good idea to look into putting up flyers in doctors offices and facilities of this sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In terms of advertising some of the ways I suggest could be starting a different blog and putting up the information on your business there, creating a social media for it, or the old fashion way of hand out or stapling flyers. You should still spread the word from the options that your interviewees and other commentators of the post suggest though it mainly up to you.

    ReplyDelete