20A: Growing Social Capital
Growing Social Capital:
- The Experts
- Mr. Ahbinaav Faruk: Mr. Faruk is customer representative at Uniform Advantage, the worlds largest supplier of nursing supplies. I've identified Mr. Faruk is the supply expert within my field as a result of the backbone of my business being in healthcare. Mr. Faruk and I got into contact with each other when my Mother and I met up with Vanilla Ice at Chili's in late 2013 and Mr. Faruk was with him. I got in contact him for the purpose of this assignment and asked what our business had to offer with each other, and to no surprise Uniform has a partnership program to pair with start up nursing business in exchange for a monthly payment plan after 2 years. Mr. Faruk represents an opportunity to lift this idea off the ground; Uniform has helped shape the nursing industry so there stands to be no reason to not be capable for doing the same for me.
- Ms. Jessica Ness: Ms.Ness is the head nurse at the BrookDale assisted living facilities in Boynton Beach. Ms.Ness is who I would consider a dominant expert in my industry. I know Ms.Ness from the time she temporarily took care of my grandmother at BrookDale assisted living. Ms.Ness's knowledge base is without a doubt an invaluable insight into what can cause success and failure in this industry, and what she offers is the way to properly manager a nursing business for maximum efficiency.
- Mr. Siward Amando: Mr. Amando is a condominium salesman in Boynton Beach who happens to be an expert at targeting my very own same market with properties rather than a service. Mr. Amando is who I would consider a market expert. Mr. Amando is a family friend of ours and sells condo's all along the beach to roughly the same demographics my business tends to target. During our discussions we reached a point at which Mr. Amando was able to provide me with key insight on what allures and frightens his customer base which is roughly similar to mine. Mr. Faruk can allow me to exploit what might make customers more likely to buy onto my service and and share markets between real estate and nursing.
- Reflection: In reality this was my first time really socially networking. This experience will definitely aid me at future meetings among others in my industry and allow me to understand how business can be included in social events, but this experience honestly wasn't too far from how I pictured networking worked originally.
I will have to agree with you on how social networking is not exactly what I expected being this was also my first time trying to find people for this kind of thing and it is difficult no doubt about it. But I also agree that this experience in growing your social capital will come in handy in the future because you will know what you are doing.
ReplyDeleteIt is really useful to have connected with someone who took care of a family member of yours. This means that she probably (hopefully!) has some existing vested interest in your wellbeing if she had a good relationship with your family member while they were in her care. Make sure to keep that connection alive and stay in contact!!
ReplyDeleteIt is really important that you have a variety of different networked connections when starting a business. I am really glad that this assignment directed us towards different aspects of a business to get a variety of potential partners. The list you provided is in fact quite varied, and with this, you should be able to get all the resources that you need in order to start a successful business.
ReplyDelete