19A: Idea Napkin No. 2
Idea Napkin Reflection II
- You:
- I define myself as a person who sticks rigidly to the fundamentals of patience and hard work. I attribute very success I've had to either having the patience to gain the necessary insight or perceiver through failure until I found success; in an almost a symbiotic nature. My aspirations are rudimentary at best: Be the best engineer I can be. At the core of what that means to me is be capable of constructing solutions to modern problems, which tie in directly with my plans for a nursing business, because who better to engineer solutions for the ones who's health we cherish the most.
- Customer Offerings:
- The unmet needs of a person whom's body and mind fail them is the adequate care and affordable price point with it. These dilapidated individuals require care outside of the scope that a family could give, which is why I offer a service that could guarantee both by my commercialized nursing institution.
- Demographics:
- The primary/tertiary customer of choice for my business would of course likely be the son or daughter of an elderly person. The typical client would have very little funds of their own for which to pay for my services but the soon-to-be patient of course has 3 sources of primary income being retirement, medicare and medicaid, meaning that my customers are the guardians and the reimbursement comes from the patient themselves in most scenarios.
- Care and Competencies:
- Care quality is the antithesis of my product. Nursing homes are infamous for inadequate care and staffers that are either unwilling or incapable of meeting the needs of the residents/patients. My business hires only qualified nurses who specialize in elderly care, and value the health of a patient more than some 9-5 worker with no medical background in most other places. With care quality assured and the ease of mind of helping a loved one without the burden of fully caring for them yourself is at the core of what value my business has.
- The business opportunity itself mimics aspects of childhood; the model of this business is foundational, but what it supports is very coherent. So long as the startup process goes smoothly in acquiring real-estate and placing ourself in a competitive sphere where the demographics line up, the service itself will succeed. Each aspect of the business is dependent on another, so it is very much so foundational and linked into each other, but to pick a weak link would likely be the ability to hire nursing candidates of such qualifications at the pay-rate necessary and make substantial profit.
For this idea napkin I noticed that you put more detail into it when comparing this post to your last one and regarding your business idea I think that it is something that is unmet in the world. By that I mean that there are some places in the world believe or not that provide inadequate care towards family members of people who have difficulty living without the need of assistance.
ReplyDeleteI think you did a good job mentioning in your demographics that not only are elderly people your clients, but also the sons, daughters, and family members of elderly people. I've mentioned this in your former posts, but wanted to reiterate that heavy research needs to go into the way that you can actually make the service cheaper for the success. Of course real-estate, demographics, and more matter, but you already mentioned those above.
ReplyDelete